11 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand Using Facebook
I freely admit that I am a Facebook junkie. I have to be careful because it would be so easy to get caught up in reading my newsfeed and seeing what my friends and colleagues are up to. There are so many awesome pictures of new babies and puppies, plus all those inspirational quotes about changing my life… Yet I also appreciate the value Facebook has brought to my business.
I know some people get upset when they perceive Facebook is changing their rules and algorithms to make more money but Facebook is a business and businesses need and want to make money. I don’t know about you, but I started a business to make money!
Investing in advertising should be part of a well-balanced marketing plan, but we will talk more about marketing plans in another post.
Today I want to share 11 ways to build your personal brand using Facebook. It can be a great platform for educating people about who you are and what you do, but there should be a strategy to what you are doing.
I am not a Facebook expert and I don’t want to be. There are some great experts out there and I love learning about marketing resources and sharing that information with you. I also need to understand how all of these tools work so that I can implement them successfully instead of spinning my wheels or getting lost in the newsfeed.
If you go to my Facebook business page (would love for you to like my page – shameless plug) you will see that I am still working on getting some of these pieces in place myself. My personal business page is new and I am still learning what works.
Here are 11 things I know work for using Facebook to build your personal brand.
- Just because you build a Facebook business page doesnâ€™t mean the people are going to start following you. There are a few things you need to do in order to get the people â€“ use a memorable tagline and create some calls to action are just a few of the first steps you need to take.
- When creating a Facebook tagline you should use some keywords in it. This will also help brand your business. Be sure that you pick a tagline that you will want to keep and one that is easy to remember and will make people think of you when they hear the signature phrase.
- There are a few places you should use your tagline on your Facebook page. One is in the spot where FB allows you to write something about you (or your page). Another good place to use it is within the logo image. And lastly, you can also use it within the body of your page.
- Use your best keywords in the Facebook information (description) box or text box. This will help to attract fans through a search they do via FB or Google.
- Use a call to action like â€˜follow usâ€™ in the Facebook information (description) box or text box.
- Entice people to sign up for your list by â€˜baitingâ€™ them with a high value freebie by putting this information in the Facebook description box or text box.
- Creating a memorable tagline to use on your Facebook business page should sum up your productâ€™s main benefit.
- When it comes to your Facebook business page, keep in mind that you should put your best content above the fold. This content should be the stuff that you do not want your readers to go away without seeing.
- The first purpose of your Facebook fan page should be to create a bond with your readers. The second purpose is to drive traffic to your website. The third purpose is to make you easy to find.
- Once you have some followers to your page make sure you engage them. Interact with them on a regular basis. Ask questions, create Facebook notes, etc.
- What makes an effective Facebook page? Itâ€™s one that makes your fans â€˜likeâ€™ you, act on your call to action and engage in conversation with you.
What’s working for you on Facebook? Share your feedback in the comments below. And if you have not downloaded my latest free resource: 10 Must Have Tools Every Entrepreneur Needs to Thrive, just put your name and email in the opt in box below and you receive a free downloadable checklist and audio of what I think are the 10 most important tools in every entrepreneurs marketing toolkit!