3 Keys To Creating a Profitable and Sustainable Soul Inspired Business
Guest post by Tina van Leuven
What does success look like to you?
When applied to your business, does it include making a profit?
If someone had asked me those two questions seven years ago before I took a leap of faith and left my airline career after 15 years to pursue the calling of my soul by launching my coaching business, I wonder what I would have answered then…
What I would say today is that unless you’ve cleared your (often unconscious) judgments about money, business and making a profit then it might be a while before your business truly sustains you financially, emotionally, spiritually and creatively.
If you’re like the soul inspired entrepreneurs I coach, then some of the reasons why you started your business are because you wanted:
- the freedom to create life on your terms and that includes choosing your own hours
- to make money by doing what you love
- to create a better life for yourself and your loved ones
- to make this world a better place and you knew you could make a difference with your gifts and talents.
You might also have discovered along the way that running your own business is a fast track journey of transformation! It will bring up all the ways you have undervalued yourself, it’ll highlight your boundaries – or lack thereof- and will have you question if you are good enough,capable enough, ready enough or if YOU are enough.
Just when you’ve overcome your obstacles to success at your current income ceiling and you stretch outside your comfort zone, you’ll be faced with a whole new set of challenges.
If you started your own business to get away from a job that no longer inspired you or to get away from a bunch of idiots running the company or because you knew that you could do better, or whatever your reason was… then here’s something many overlook which may be affecting your bottom line without you realizing it:
anytime you chase a dream or set a goal that is motivated by the desire to get away from something you do not like or want, guess what? You’re actually prolonging the presence of what you’ve been wanting to avoid or get away from!
It seems that money has a phenomenal way of bringing all this inner conflict to the surface in ways that you could easily overlook or ignore.
One of the most common ones I’ve released within myself along the way and noticed amongst clients is:
I don’t want to end up like ________ and fill in the blank.
Who comes to mind for you? It might be your mother, father, other family member, a business celebrity or even a movie or fairytale character. Whomever it is, you can bet your bottom dollar (literally!) that any unfinished business with anyone in relation to money or what it represents for you will sabotage you from achieving the success you dreamed of when starting your business.
It may come as a surprise to realize that you were holding a grudge towards someone that has been building up resentment and hence repelled money from flowing in joyful ways.
And this brings us back to your definition of success and why it is so important to get comfortable with money so that you can create a business that not only sustains you financially but also sustains your joy. Because after all, if your business is successful but it’s burning you out, then what’s the point?
So let me share with you 3 Keys To Creating a Profitable and Sustainable Soul Inspired Business:
1) Get really clear on WHY you’re in business in the first place as this will sustain you throughout any challenges along the way.
2) Make yourSelf priority #1 and release whatever that stirs up within you. This will require clear boundaries and a willingness to say no to people and requests which you may have always said yes to out of fear, obligation or guilt, which will leave you feeling drained and resentful.
3) Find out what is fun and joyful for you, what uplifts you, what inspires you… and then let joy be your guide. Learning to trust your divine inner guidance and being willing to take action when nudged by your joy sprinkles of inspiration. Some days that might look like simply being and allowing yourself to receive what you require, what sustains you, with every breath you take. Other days that might look like taking very practical action steps, such as going out to meet new people or asking your network for support.
I’m thrilled to be one of the speakers in Dr Minette Riordan’s Creative Business Mastery Summit. We had the juiciest conversation about creating a profitable and sustainable business! I hope you will join us next week from May 19 to 21. You can register online at www.creativebusinessmastery.com
Tina van Leuven is the Joy Oracle at InnerDelight and international bestseller coauthor of Inspirations for a Woman’s Soul: Choosing Happiness and author of Money and Miracles: 40 Days to the Perfect Relationship Between Who You Are and What You Make. She traveled the world as an international flight attendant for fifteen years while studying a wide variety of healing modalities, and now coaches passionate soul inspired entrepreneurs who find it challenging to maintain life/work balance around prioritizing themselves in their businesses and personal lives so they can do what they love without burning out. Learn more at www.InnerDelight.com