6 Writing Prompts for Your Business Blog
You know you need to be writing more but you are feeling stumped for ideas. You sit staring at the blank screen, surfing the web or otherwise creating distractions from doing what you need to do: write that blog post! I want to share 6 writing prompts that you can use and reuse on your business blog.
Each of these prompts will provide great information on your blog for educating your readers. While it’s great to have current, up-to-date information on your blog, it’s also very valuable to have evergreen content that you can point readers to when they have a question or want more information.
If you are writing for your business, you need to be authentic and share enough personal information to let people get to know and see your integrity. You also need to be professional, timely and solve people’s problems. Blogging is a great way to accomplish that. It’s a powerful tool for business growth when done right. We all love to do business with people we know, like and trust. Your blog is a great way to introduce yourself to people, not from a sales perspective but from an honest, “I love what I do and here’s why” perspective.
Â Here are 6 writing prompts for your business blog:
- Â What do you love most about your business or your career.
- What are some of the challenges you are facing in your business.
- What are some of the timely themes in your industry right now.
- Answer the questions you get asked about your business on a regular basis. This is not like a FAQ page, this is offering real solutions to real problems.
- Write about current events that are impacting your industry â€“ new rules or laws, a big conference, a new study, a great article you found.
- Tell a story about a problem you solved for someone recently (with their permission of course!)
Have other great business writing prompts to share? Post them in the comments below.
If you want help organizing your blog content and creating content that attracts new clients, check out my 10 week workshop starting February 19: Content to Cash – Turning Your Copy into a Customer Magnet.