7 Ways to Increase Online Visibility and Become an Expert Fast
7 Ways to Increase your Online Visibility and Become an Expert Fast
One way to have a larger impact with your online marketing efforts is to increase your online visibility and gain more exposure. Exposure means that more people start to get to know you as an expert. Once you are perceived as the expert, more people will follow you, buy from you and pay you money to help them! The trick is, you can’t just tell people you are an expert. You have to get creative about how you share your expertise with your ideal audience.
You have seen this type of online exposure happen on TV when a new show is coming – teasers, sneak peeks and little bits of information come out about the show. Becoming known as an expert in your niche is a lot like that. A little sneak peak at a time will go far in pushing you toward expert status. It’s a fabulous way to make a big impact quickly. People listen to experts, sign up for their lists, and wait with bated breath for their next offering.
Wouldn’t you love to have more people waiting impatiently for your next offering? The trick is learning new ways to increase your online visibility and become an expert fast!
Here are 7 ways to start getting more exposure online now:
- Blog More – There are probably more places that you can submit blogs than just your own site. Linkedin.com offers some people the chance to become publishers, and there may be other opportunities within groups that you are taking part. Take every chance you have to get your information out as the expert with your byline whether it’s online or offline.
- Guest Blogging – Mentioned above, but a little different. Find blogs that deal with your audience but are not competition that have a higher ranking than your blog (or the same). Send information to them offering to guest blog for free once a month with an original article in exchange for a byline with a link.
- Publishing a Book – Today, it’s easier than ever to become published now that Amazon offers Kindle Direct Publishing. You can sell your book, or offer it for free to help get the word out about your business and expertise.
- Joint Ventures — A JV with someone who offers complementary products and services to the same audience you cater to is a wonderful way to spread the word about your products and services. You both can use each other’s resources and skills to make something completely new and awesome for your audience.
- Speaking Engagements – It might be out of your comfort zone but speaking either online at webinars or at in person events is a great way to become known as an expert in your area. The more you can speak about what you know the better.
- Interviews – Not only should you interview other experts for your own podcast or blog, you should agree to be interviewed as often as possible to get your message out to your audience. The more ways you’re presented as “the expert” the more your audience will see you as the expert.
- Social Media – Promote everything you do via social media and ask your audience to like, share, follow and engage with you on social media. Answer questions people have, and stay on top of issues that arise.
Are you ready to try at least one of these ways to increase online visibility?
Here’s the catch! Participating in these activities and anything else that you can think of that will increase your exposure will help you gain expert status a lot faster than if you did nothing. But be sure to take your time with each addition to your marketing action plan. You want to give each new venture plenty of time to work before adding more to your schedule. Tackle one item on this list at a time.
Want to know which of these would be the best way for you to gain exposure to your ideal clients? Apply now for a free consultation and let me help you design the perfect marketing strategy for your business! You can apply here.