What would make a perfect day?
I love living in Santa Barbara, CA and most days are pretty darn good but some days are definitely better than others. What would make a perfect day in my opinion involves some combination of coffee, sunshine, friends, family, creativity, romance, the beach and red wine. Today was a nearly perfect day so far, unlike some of the stressful days of the past week. Here’s my top 12 reasons why today was a nearly perfect day:
- It’s Friday. I could stop here…
- It’s an absolutely picture perfect day weatherwise. Warm sun but cool ocean breeze. Not a cloud in the sky.
- Had breakfast with my friend LeeAnne at the Savoy in Santa Barbara – great coffee and great conversation as always!
- Saw my hairdresser Cristina and got new highlights – now I am shiny inside and out, according to my friend Ramona. Best part about Cristina is the care she takes washing my hair, it’s like a massage, so relaxing and wonderful.
- Went for a long beach walk with my friend Ramona, more great conversation.
- The beach is always an adventure: we saw an abandoned baby sea lion on the beach, but someone had already phoned the local rescue organization and was sitting watching it. It was precious and very lively and made me sad to see it abandoned but happy to know it would be rescued.
- I found a beautiful sea shell, which we don’t often find on the Santa Barbara beaches. I gave it to a woman who was visiting Santa Barbara and walking along hunting for shells. She was so happy!
- Another woman stopped us to show us an enormous crab washed up on shore, which is in the picture above. You can tell how large it was relative to her foot! It must have been very old and it’s shell was a rainbow of colors.
- Came home, had a beautiful green salad for lunch and found that more people had registered for my Zendoodle class next week, yippee!
- As I type this, my husband who also works from home, is sending me sappy kisses across the office we share. Ahhhh, he is so romantic! And so goofy, that’s us in the photo at the Japanese Garden in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
- Both my kids are home from school and in great spirits!
- “It’s Friday!”
To top it all off, it’s only 3:30 and there are hours of fun ahead.
Here’s what will make today a perfect day:
- I am about to dive into a new business class I am taking with one of my favorite teachers, Kim Roach.
- My son is making dinner, making my day ever closer to perfect.
- I am looking forward to an hour or two in my coloring in my craft room tonight, now that the room is free of house guests!
- Hmmmm, I am thinking a glass of wine and sunset at the beach will be the icing on the cake. Will post photos later…
Life is good, very, very good and I am grateful for each and every moment.
What made your day perfect?
And if your day wasn’t perfect, you are feeling wiped out, stressed out and overwhelmed from your week, take a look at my new virtual workshop: Creative Stress Busters – Using Art and Journaling Techniques for Relaxation and Stress Relief. It’s just what the doctor ordered ๐ And it’s only $47.